Battle of the Books!
Sponsor(s): Mrs. France and Ms. Hinds
Meeting Dates: Sept. 7th, Oct. 5th, Nov. 2nd, Dec. 7th, Jan. 4th, Jan. 18th, Feb. 1st, Feb. 8th, March 1st, March 22nd, April 5th, April 19th.
Feb. 27-March 31 Regional Competitions
April 3-14 Final Copetition
Fee: $15 to cover snacks and t-shirt for the competitions!
Application Process: No application - all students and faculty welcome!
Academic Requirements: All academic levels welcome and encouraged!
Club Requirements: You must love to read!!!! You are committing to read the 10 books chosen for this school year.
Please pick-up any Battle of the Books information in the library!
2017-2018 Battle of the Books Reading List
- The Jumbies by Tracy Baptiste (Fantasy/Thriller)
- The War that Saved my Life by Kimberly Brubaker-Bradley (Historical WWII)
- Chasing Secrets by Gennifer Choldenko (Historical/Mystery)
- Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart by Candace Fleming (NF)
- The Iron Trail by Cassandra Clare (Fantasy)
- Lost in the Sun by Lisa Graff (Realistic/Grief)
- Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson (Realistic/Graphic/Sports)
- Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba (Young Readers) (MF/Memoir/STEM)
- Masterminds by Gordon Korman (Science Fiction/Adventure)
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds (Sports Fiction)
Mandatory Battle of the Books meeting this Thursday 12/8/16! All students need to make sure their forms have been signed and the $15 fee paid. The competition brackets have been posted. Our first battle will be against Germantown Middle School. It will be in January - the date will be set between the two librarians. I'll let you know the date as soon as possible. We need to make sure we have at least 8 team members going to that competition.
All 10 books need to be read by January 3rd when the students return to school after the Christmas Break.